SANTA ROSA HIGH SCHOOL GUIDANCE OFFICE
OFFICE HOURS 8:00-11:30 & 12:30 – 4:00
PLEASE CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT
BUSINESS HOURS FROM 8:00-11:30
STUDENT HOURS FROM 12:30-4:00
The primary mission is to assist each student in their educational process to reach his or her fullest potential through program planning that support the education of our entire student body and to make a maximum effort on behalf of all students providing courses of study and activities which are both diverse and equitable to student learning.
- Coordination/Administration of State and Federal Assessments
- Referrals and Consultations
- Responsive/Intervention Services
- Social and Personal Development
- Vocational/Trade School Assistance
NM Colleges and Universities
- Eastern New Mexico University
Financial Literacy Handbook
Career/Colleges/Financial Aid Resources
On Jan. 15, look for SAR report for FAFSA
1-800-4-FED-AID or 1-800-433-3243
Occupational and Employability Resource Information
SIX MYTHS OF APPLYING FOR FAFSA
- I WIIL NOT QUALIFY BEACUSE MY PARENTS MAKE TOO MUCH MONEY. Actually, there isn't an income cut off to qualify for financial aid.
- I DON'T GET GOOD GRADES, SO I WON'T BE ELIGIBLE FOR FINANCAIL AID. Most federal student aid programs don't take your grades into consideration when you apply.
- THE APPLICATION IS TOO HARD TO FILL OUT! Since the application is online, the FAFSA is easy to complete. Answer the questions that are relevant to you. If you have filed your taxes, you can transfer your tax return data into your FAFSA automatically. There will be guided assistance in the margins to help you answer each question. The FAFSA has a HELP page.
- I HAVE TO WAIT FOR MY PARENTS FILE TAXES. Since some colleges have FAFSA deadlines, it is important to complete the FAFSA early. You can log in and update the information.
- I SUPPORT MYSELF, SO I DON'T HAVE PARENT INFO. Even if you support and file taxes on your own, you may still be a dependent for federal student aid purposes. Answer the questions on the FAFSA form.
- IF I COMPLETE THE FAFSA FORM ONCE, I DO NOT HAVE TO COMPLETE IT AGAIN. You should complete the form every year that you plan to attend college.
By Ms. Joyce Romero SRHS Guidance Counselor
US Department of Education