Welcome to Santa Rosa High School, “Home of the Mighty Lions!”
Santa Rosa High School is situated on the Eastern Plains of New Mexico. Our High School is nestled along the Pecos River and is surrounded by beautiful mesas that create a picturesque scenic vista.
SRHS has been academically servicing the Santa Rosa area for well over 100 years. The Class of 2012 was the 100th Graduating Class. Our current high school has been around since 1966. This year, the class of 2016, will be our schools 50th graduating class.
Along with quality academics, our school also offers many extracurricular activities such as BPA, NHS, MESA, and FFA. We also offer many athletic opportunities for our students such as football, volleyball, basketball, track, girl’s fast pitch and baseball.
The typical graduating class at SRHS varies from 40 to 60 students. Our alumni circumnavigates the world with many of those holding professional and influential positions.
SRHS would like to thank all the alumni who have attended and those who have chosen to wear purple and white. We look forward to the future in hopes of providing a sound education to all incoming students.
Our motto is, “We Prepare Today for Our Dreams of Tomorrow”.
The primary purpose of Santa Rosa high school is to provide all students with the best academic opportunities leading to career readiness and/or post-secondary studies in a wholesome, safe twenty-first century environment.
The vision of Santa Rosa High School is to develop educational programs that meet the needs of all students to become life-long learners and reach their full potential as individuals and citizens of a twenty-first-century society.
In support of the Mission and Vision we are committed to:
- Creating a positive climate for students characterized by high expectations, respect for academic excellence, caring attitude toward others, and personal support.
- Providing a strong and progressive program in all academic, technological and vocational education courses (dual and con-current enrollment opportunities).
- Providing quality instruction in all classes.
- Providing academic assistance for students needing basic skill support in reading, writing, mathematics and science.
- Establish and maintaining close contact with parents and community.
- Providing opportunities to experience career- readiness.
- Provide a safe and caring environment.