Throughout the year students will be covering these Health Standards.
Content Standard 1: Students will comprehend concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention.
- analyze how behavior can impact health maintenance and disease prevention
- describe the interrelationships of mental, emotional, social and physical health throughout life
- explain the impact of personal health behaviors on the functioning of body systems:
- analyze how the family, peers and community influence the health of individuals:
- analyze how the environment influences the health of the community
- describe how to delay onset and reduce risks of potential health problems during adulthood
- analyze how public health policies and government regulations influence health promotion and disease prevention
- analyze how the prevention and control of health problems are influenced by research and medical advances:
Content Standard 2: Students will demonstrate the ability to access valid health information and health promoting products and services.
- demonstrate the ability to utilize various strategies when making decisions related to health needs and risks of young adults:
- evaluate the effectiveness of communication methods for accurately expressing health information and ideas
- express information and opinions about health issues:
- utilize strategies to overcome barriers when communicating information, ideas, feelings and opinions about health issues:
- demonstrate the ability to influence and support others in making health-enhancing choices:
- demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively when advocating for healthy communities
- demonstrate the ability to adapt health messages and communication techniques to the characteristics of a particular audience:
SEXUALITY PERFORMANCE STANDARDS EXEMPTION: Each school district or charter school shall implement a policy that will insure that parents have the ability to request that their child be exempted from the parts of the health education curriculum that address sexuality performance standards.